Sunday, August 20, 2006

Imprisoned

Well, I'm in my new apartment and my stuff have been moved all in one place. My living room is half full of boxes. Some new ones from Minnesota; some old ones from my storage.

How could one person have this much stuff? And this after I've already sifted through my stuff two years ago when I moved out of my condo and a couple of months ago when I moved out of Minneapolis.

Having this much stuff makes me feel heavy, loaded down, rooted. In some sense, it feels like settling down, like being domesticated. Even though I've decided to stay in the Seattle area, I still don't feel permanence here. Maybe it's because I eventually want to buy my own place again. Maybe it's just that I've tasted something akin to utter freedom, a freedom that only nomads know, a freedom that comes with a lightness of spirit.

It's all an illusion anyway. I've been reading Amit Goswami's "The Self-Aware Universe". I've read from other books about this "reality" being an illusion, but his is the first book I've read that tried to "prove" that view through quantum physics.

So, why do I care about accumulating illusions?

No comments:

Post a Comment