Today was a nice break from packing. I'm almost done and I'm very behind schedule.
I took my car into the dealer's today to get new brakes and an oil change in preparation for my long trip. Cathy picked me up for lunch and she talked to me about these new concepts that go beyond chakras. She said that she thinks I'm a "cherub" with an open indigo chakra.
When Cathy dropped me off at the dealer, my car was already done with a few hours to burn, so I went to Home Depot (for a new garbage disposal unit), then to Rubber Soul (for a couple of stamping tools to make my birthday party favors with), and then watched "I, Robot" (btw, despite the not-so-nice reviews and not-particularly-original concept, I liked it, especially the subtle twist at the end). A little after 6pm, I met up with Harmony, Katia, and Dianne for dinner.
Towards the end of dinner, Dianne and I had an exchange about Minneapolis, amid fits of laughter. Dianne said that the Minnesotans don't know what they have coming to them, referring to the fact that I'm going over there. And I mentioned the fact that one of the school officials said (during the Carlson Up Close weekend last April) that we would come out of that MBA program "transformed". Dianne half-jokingly said that it's not me who would be transformed, but the Minnesotans. But she also said that Minneapolis would be "a brighter place"; I thought that was very sweet.
Okay, so here's the synchronicity. Late this evening, Cathy sent me an email with the link to a website that talks about the cherub thing. It's http://www.newheart.ca/. So I'm reading through some of the pages. And -- lo, and behold! -- the page titled "Cherub/Seraph Gifts" says (of cherubs), "You are able to plant yourself in the middle of somebody's path and change them simply through who you are. ... Stick you in the middle of the community and give it two years and that entire community will be changed. You do that where ever you go child."
<Insert the Twilight Zone theme here.>
Okay, now back to packing.
No comments:
Post a Comment