Well, the early menopause thing wasn't an issue after all. Tests were negative. Whew!
The next problem is an abnormal pap. (For the male readers, a pap smear is an annual test for cervical cancer.) So, yesterday, I had to see an OB-GYN who took a peek inside me. And I got to see my insides on a TV monitor too!* Did you know that the cervical hole is the width of a Q-Tip? And a baby comes out of it! Well, I knew it was stretchable, but I thought its pre-baby size would be bigger than that.
Anyway, she didn't see anything abnormal, but she had to do a biopsy and I'll find out the results a week or two later. She also gave me a two-week prescription for hormone therapy. Because of the biopsy, she warned me not to have sex for ten days.
But the universe seems to be mocking me. Yesterday morning, I heard on the radio that there was a sex conference going on in town. Heren heard the same thing on TV in the evening and asked me if I was going. Well, there was no point. I have to find me a partner first. But, of course, not in the next ten days....
[sigh]
* The last time I saw inside me was a month after the meniscus arthroscopy on my left knee in January 2002. They recorded the surgery and I couldn't get myself to watch it until much later. Speaking of knees, I somehow twisted my right knee during my morning class. I was just sitting down moving my legs under the table. I didn't feel any pain unless I straightened my leg. Well, it pops out every once in a while, but it usually pops back in place after a short time. This time, it didn't pop back in until the afternoon while I was on the phone making an appointment to see someone about it. This knee is becoming like a car; it acts up every other time, except when you're trying to demonstrate the problem to the mechanic.
No comments:
Post a Comment