Twice in a 24-hour period, people have mistaken me for somebody.
Last night, I took Jan out for dinner to celebrate his birthday early. Our first choice "112 Eatery" turned out to be closed on Sundays. So, we headed to Nochee, which was a few blocks from my apartment. It turned out that Nochee was closed to the public that evening because of a private Halloween party. But, as we waited behind a couple checking in, a woman who was standing at the doorway was looking at me and watching me. So I smiled at her to be polite. To my surprise, she smiled big as though I confirmed that I am who she thought I was. Then she pointed at me and turned to her companion as though she was introducing me to him.
Around noon today, I went to the bank to take some cash out and as I walked out of the bank, I met a man who smiled really big at me as though I was one of his friends. He said "Well, hello there," smiling somewhat guiltily for some reason. Even after I passed him, he didn't realize that he mistook me for someone else. I gave him a cool "Hi" just to be polite, then I drove off, wondering who it was. I thought it might be Heren's husband, but this guy looked bigger than Jared.
I asked Heren today if Jared might have been at that bank today. She said she didn't think so because he was in school all day today.
This is freaking me out. A lot of people remember me because, well, I stand out in this town. But most of the time, those are people I've really met before. I don't think I've met these people at all. And why was the guy at the bank acting so guiltily? This is just weird.
My doppleganger must be walking around and I have no idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment