Saturday, January 15, 2005

Resolution dilemma

Okay, I admit, I gained a few pounds. I have resisted buying a bathroom scale to take the focus away from numbers, but my pants' waistbands tell the truth. However, gaining weight during the holidays just proves how good mom's cooking is. Actually, I've been gaining weight even before the holidays. But I attribute that to stress.

So, naturally, like half the population of the United States, my New Year's resolution (again) is to lose weight.

Here's my dilemma. I come back from the West Coast (temperatures in the 60's) to Minneapolis, where the temperature doesn't exist! Oh, alright, it's zero degrees, okay? ZERO! Zilch! Nada! And that's not the worst of it! Wind chill is at 15 degrees BELOW zero!

Why do you think whales have blubber? To keep warm, that's why! Lose this fat? Nah-uh! No, sir! I NEED this fat.

Well, I do need to lose weight to make my doctor happy. But maybe I should start in the spring when it starts getting warmer. Say, around April. A delayed New Year's resolution. Or a New Year's resolution with a grace period. That's it! That's exactly what it is! I don't have to start my diet and exercise plan until April. Long after everybody else has fallen off the wagon, I would still be on track, because, well, I wouldn't have started yet.

So there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment