I think I found my long lost twin. Sure, Jan is head and shoulders taller than me. Sure, he was born on the other side of the world, a decade and a half after my birth. But -- boy! -- we have the same issues: being jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, borderline ADD, stubborn independence, and love of both technology and the English language. Of course, it's probably explained by the fact that we're both INTJ's.
The other day, we were talking about the jack-of-all-trades issue. He said he wished he was really good at something, anything. Just so he could say that even though someone is better at one thing, he's better at another thing. And I remembered whining to Brian about the same thing earlier in the year, and Brian said (bless his heart) that I would have excelled at one thing if I put as much time into it as other people did on what they were good at. But because I had so many different talents and interests, I spread my time so thinly among them. And, unfortunately, I can't neglect any of those talents and interests and focus on just one, because that variety makes life interesting and multi-dimensional.
So I repeated to Jan what Brian told me... I think he listened....
No comments:
Post a Comment