Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy 50th, Jon

An open letter to Jon:

On one of your birthdays a long time ago, I said that I celebrate the day you were born because that day brought you to me. I still celebrate the day you were born because that day brought you to me.

I never regretted marrying you. You were a significant part of my life, and we did have our happy times, our tender times, our arguments. And, heck, the sex was great. In that regard, I learned much from you. If I had been with someone else, I probably wouldn't be the person I am now. Our time together has had a strong impact that still reverberates in my life today as I write my first book.

I thank your soul for coming into my life, for leaving when it was time to go, and for everything in between.

Wherever you are in the world, I wish you happiness and peace.

Mahal kita. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment