I just got back from a lunch date with Harmony and Katia. We exchanged sweets and chocolates, and Harmony gave me something wrapped nicely in a pastel designed gift wrap. I shook it and, because it was an odd-shaped package, accidentally tore the wrapping paper. When I peeked, I saw the cap of a pen. But when I tore the wrappings entirely, I burst into laughter.... She gave me a Tide-To-Go pen.
It's one of those pens with stain-removing liquid inside, and you rub it on a stain as soon as you get it, wherever you are.
Well, most people who have meals with me notice that I almost always end up with a new stain in the same area on my shirt after the meal. It's one of the problems with having a rack; it catches spills. I've pretty much lived with those stains. Sometimes, they come out; sometimes, they don't.
But it was such an unexpectedly witty gift. It takes someone who knows you really well and someone with great wit to think up gifts like that.
Harmony has that gift of wit.
And I think she might have been my mother in a previous life. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment