I stayed home today. I went to bed at 2am last night and didn't wake up until 12:30pm. It was the best sleep I've had in the past few days. Housekeeping arrived around 1pm as I was having breakfast.
Then I watched "Troy". Something in that movie stirs something in my soul. It feels like an ancient memory. So ancient that only the emotions remain and the details have entirely faded. I still haven't figured out exactly what the memory is and exactly what triggered it.
I also realized that today is the first day since I left Minneapolis that I have been truly alone. Even the chatter in my head is quiet. I don't feel a need to get anything done; I feel happy to just be.
The silence is the one thing I remember the most about Tahoe, specifically up here at the resort. Sometimes, it's so eeriely quiet that it's scary. But today, it feels just right.
Maybe it's an effect of the movie, in spite of the fact that it's a war movie. Maybe it's because I got a good night's sleep.
Whatever caused this feeling, I'm glad for it. It feels like I just came back from meditation. It feels refreshing. It feels peaceful.
No comments:
Post a Comment