Had a wonderful trip to Seattle. It was so nice to see old friends again and to make new ones. I travelled with Jan and Brian M. Katia graciously opened her new home to us; I got the guest bedroom and the guys shared the sofa bed.
Jan and Brian got to know too much about me on this trip, unfortunately, and from several sets of old friends. On Thursday, we had dinner at Anthony's in Kirkland with my old team, who revealed the evil troublemaker that I was, by telling the April 1st working-at-home-to-wait-for-the-cable-guy mischief that I masterminded. On Saturday, we had dinner at Katia's to celebrate Ghim's birthday. And Ghim not-quite-accidentally revealed the nymph that I am, after he found out that Jon had moved to Las Vegas and asked, "So, no more booty calls?" to which I had to truthfully reply, "Well, actually, yes, there are." (Well, I couldn't just lie to him!)
I also had breakfast with Virginia, whom I missed dearly, especially since she seemed to be on the verge of a breakdown. Then I had coffee with Cathy and Jade, but there was also a subtle sadness in Cathy. Ghim is going through his own depression. Jan noticed that Katia also seemed down during the Sunday breakfast at Ghim's place. Only Harmony seemed untouched by all this sadness. But then she's planning a wedding.
Oh, I got lots and lots of good long hugs. (Sigh.) I missed them all badly. And I heard myself laugh again. I mean, truly laugh, from the heart. Coming back to Minneapolis was like going back to the desert after a short trip to Eden. (Sigh.) I'm homesick again.
No comments:
Post a Comment