Yes, I'm alive. Barely.
I haven't been to a gym or to yoga class for three months. I haven't seen a chiropractor in as long. My only workout is walking to school on days when I don't have to be there at 8:00 am and I don't have to be in a suit. It's a mile-and-a-half walk, three miles roundtrip.
I started this week with two hours of sleep. And it's not the first time. No, I did not slack over the weekend. In fact, I was busy with chores and research and homework. It's just that my Statistics homework took at least 8 hours, maybe even 12; I lost count. Partly because I get confused during the lectures, so I'm trying to get unconfused through the book. I'm behind on my reading for Marketing. I'm right at the heels of my Strategy readings. And on Thursday, we'll be taking our finals (yes, finals!) for Financial Accounting.
Then, last night, in spite of all my precautions, something happened -- I sneezed. I was supposed to meet with my core team this morning at 8:00 am for a review session. My alarm went off at 6:30 am; I hit the snooze. It went off again at 6:40 am; again, I hit the snooze. I finally got up at the third buzz. Had a small cup of yogurt for breakfast, and then hopped in the shower. When I got out, I went to my closet to pick out clothes and I had to sit down. Just showering got me too exhausted to do anything.
So, I called one of my teammates to beg for an extra hour of sleep. I missed the review session but got to school in time for the first class. But on the way there, I passed by a store for a pack of DayQuil. It helped me survive the day, although the fog in my head is thickening. Half of my class is either sneezing or coughing. I'm hoping I don't get that bad.
I'm also hoping I don't lose my voice since I have a recital in less than two weeks on my birthday. Otherwise, I'll be singing in a raspy (or some might say "sultry") voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment